Tuesday, September 22, 2009

MY FIRST TAE KWON DO INSTRUCTOR (Korean)

I went to Washington,D
C. and before I went, I decided to write Mr. Jhoon Rhee since he had awarded a black belt in TAE KWON DO to Senator James Cleveland from New Hampshire, and also he had been written up in BLACK BELT MAGAZINE which I started to read and collect,etc. and when I arrived in D.C. Master Rhee assumed that James Cleveland had sent me there. Anyway, I took the free introductory lessons(three I think) and then signed up for the course, which I think was for Green Belt or such. The free lessons were taught by Jack Dutcher, who also had studied kempo in Hawaii and was quite an interesting practitioner. For the course, my immediate instructor was Mr. Kwan Rho, who also,on some occasions gave us some Hapkido and pressure point instruction but not to everyone, I guess. Now and then, Mr. Rhee would come into class and really put us through our paces. One thing that I enjoyed was the sparring and also the one-step forms and self-defense. Of course, I eventually left DC and went up to New Hampshire and entered another phase of karate experiences and training.

No comments:

Post a Comment